Monday 22 June 2009

And they call it... Puppy Love.

It's summer. We are all looking for THE ultimate accessory. Well I think i've found it...



Just look at that adorable little bundle of fur! Go on I dare you not to sigh a little in sheer delight at such a CUTE specimen. And look how wonderfully she matches that Dolce jumpsuit!

Yes, you could buy the latest IT bag but how long will it take before you're bored and are looking for the next Paddington or Birkin? But a puppy... now there's a different story. Instead of wearing dead fur on your back why not carry the real thing on your arm? Let it live and breathe as nature intended and watch as it showers you with unconditional love. I love my Bayswater, i really do but i sometimes feel our love is a little one-sided. Yes, my bag is a little selfish... I take it on outings, call it "baby", try not to fill it too much so it doesn't lose its perfect shape and have accepted having to resort to second best as it commands all the attention on entering a room (is this what it's like to be a boyfriend?). It's like a living species except, it's not and quite frankly I feel a little underappreciated.

So I have decided that instead of investing all my affections on maroquinerie, I am going to make like Dolce and Gabbana and get myself a perfect pooch. I know a dog may not do all the things that my Bayswater does, but at least I will know that at the end of the day when I lay her down to bed I won't be rewarded with silence, but in its place the most tremendous feeling of appreciation that can only come from those wistful puppy dog eyes.
awww

No comments: