Sunday 21 June 2009

Buried treasure

I was once in love with a Burberry trench...

It was beautiful; beige with a black scalloped trim (oh so chloé-esque). I would see it every day, hanging up on the curtain rail, its perfectly round buttons staring at me, like puppy dog eyes just daring me to take it down and try it on. I could imagine myself walking down la rue saint honoré adorned in skinny jeans, louboutins (i dream big) and that oh. so. perfect. trench.
But my fascinations always had to stop there because it would and could never be mine.

But why? i hear you whisper.

The reason being it belonged to my boss and fashion extra-ordinaire, Carine Roitfeld. I cannot even describe the respect I have for that woman, the times she would walk into the fashion department and her presence would just consume the attention of everyone in the room; all eyes on her outfit - and can i just say it was always AMAZING.
But yes, i will always have a little bone to pick with her and that bone is in the form of a Burberry trench. In my 3 months interning at French Vogue, that beauty sat on its rail and never left the fashion cupboard once. You see children, this is what happens when you are in the fashion elite - amazing pieces are thrown at you everyday but they just become buried treasure in the heap of pretty packages with your name on them.

Oh the life it could have had...

But life moves on, and so has my Burberry eye candy.

Say hello to this oh so classic trench from the resort 2010 collection. So simple and soo perfect for my first day at Vogue tomorrow...

I guess I'll just have to keep on dreaming...

No comments: