Wednesday 16 February 2011

ELLE STYLE AWARDS

Just when I thought life couldn't get any more surreal, Monday night happened. 
Greeted by a red-carpet and a mass of paparazzi, myself and fellow ELLE Girl Grace (Little Miss London Snog) hopped out of our car and turned our celebrity on. (Sadly, there was no need to shout 'No photos please', someone had clearly forgotten to brief the Paps about my past as a child star - best notify them for next time). 
Armed with notebooks, our mission for the night was to find out exactly what the celebs were wearing...
A reason to talk to the stars? This was going to be fun.

Fearne Cotton told me she liked my dress (it was vintage darling), Jameela Jamil asked me where the loos were (can I just say she is STUNNING), Lily Cole and I exchanged words about her denying her ginger roots (she assured me they will be back), oh and David Gandy proposed (ok so that might just be a little white lie, but we still conversed about his suit).

Did I mention Blake Lively, Thandie Newton, Coco Rocha (I ♥ her), Alexa (those eyes), Helena Christensen, Jo Whiley, Ellie Goulding, Laura Bailey, Emma Watson, Stephen Dorff, George Lamb, Geri Halliwell, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Eliza Doolittle, Julien Macdonald, Courtney love, Donna Air, Jamie Winston and Pixie Geldof all spared a few stolen moments to speak to me... 
No, surreal doesn’t quite cover it.

We dined, we drank champagne (lots of champagne), we sat in awe as Tom Ford graced the stage, we laughed nervously as Vivienne Westwood confessed to not knowing who Emma Watson was, minutes before presenting Emma with the Style Icon award, and finally we danced our way into the early hours as Boy George manned the decks.

Oh, what a night.

Thank you ELLE. 
Watch the highlights here.


My favourite look of the night, Alexa in YSL.



Blake Lively in Emilio Pucci 



Cheryl in Alexander McQueen




Coco Rocha in Alexander McQueen


Courtney Love in Givenchy


The love of my life in Lawson Walker


Emma Watson in Hakaan


Thandie Newton in Louis Vuitton

No comments: