Saturday 12 February 2011

Wu me.

Jason Wu - the name doesn't exactly scream cutting edge fashion, more prim, proper austerity. 

Mr Wu dresses the Lady, quite literally in fact, given that he remains designer of choice for Michelle Obama. And yet, having just viewed his latest collection in NY for AW11, I must admit I am starting to see this young designer in a new light... 

His designs are extremely polished, safe; there is nothing exactly new or exciting about them - a polar opposite you might say to to Miuccia Prada and her bananas. Instead, Mr Wu is more aligned with the likes of Mademoiselle Chanel who so famously claimed: 

"Fashion ... goes out of fashion. Style never"

While some may dare to class his creations as boring - I am, on the other hand, completely Wu-ed.


When I win that Oscar...


Lunch with the Queen...

No comments: